Sts. Peter & Paul School is located at 210 North Vine Street, in the heart of Haubstadt, Indiana, which has a population of 1,529. Our student population is predominantly white and of German-American descent, which reflects the composition of our middle-class community.
In 1866 a one-story frame structure was built in Haubstadt where our present school now stands. Our school building has gone through many changes. Today’s Bedford stone structure is air-conditioned and includes: twelve classrooms, office, cafeteria, kitchen, and Kinder Haus Preschool. Our twelve classrooms include kindergarten through fifth grade plus the preschool, library, Channel 91 newsroom, resource room, and science lab. There is a total staff of thirty, including teachers, aides, custodians, cafeteria, and administration personnel.
Many of Haubstadt’s residents were raised here and have remained here to raise their families. There is a great deal of pride in this community. That pride exhibits itself in many other facets of community life: work ethic, integrity, and support of children’s activities. Nearly two-thirds of the community is registered as part of our Sts. Peter & Paul Parish.